9 steps to safe bitumen deliveries
To achieve the goal of zero injuries at work, every single person must assume personal responsibility for safety. We have compiled the most important points below.
- Apply general safety awareness - Observe, think and act
- Always use the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Be aware of the emergency equipment locations (fire extinguishers, emergency stop buttons, safety showers, main closure valve)
- Ensure all personnel are kept at least 6 m away from the delivery operation (exclusion zone)
- Driver must stay in attendance at the emergency stop button at all times during delivery
- Check and secure any valves, caps, covers and padlocks
- Leave the delivery point in a clean condition
- Sign and complete delivery documentation
- Report all defects or any problems firstly to the customer, secondly to your Nynas contact.