The maintenance department at the Nynas Refinery in Hamburg-Harburg/ Germany consists of two area engineers, two maintenance planner and one tank maintenance specialist.
As a Maintenance Coordination Manager, you will lead and develop the department in line with the Nynas group and local targets with respect to process-safety, safety, reliability, quality and costs targets. You will ensure, maintain and develop the technical, organizational and personnel-based requirements of an orderly, future-oriented, highly reliable, safe and economical working department, enabling the operation of the Refinery to maximize reliability, utilization and margin.
- Accountable for the field area maintenance Harburg North and South and for the tank maintenance in both sites.
- Develop and maintain an efficient site maintenance strategy to increase and maintain reliability, availability and utilization of all assets.
- Establish, track, report and improve results from set targets and specific KPIs at the working levels.
- Accountable for maintenance service to operations focusing on process safety, safety, reliability, improvement, cost optimization and controls.
- Accountable for the management and improvements of the main maintenance contractors (contract management) and their performance in both safety and efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain the skills and competences of the field area maintenance team members.
- Drive maintenance continuous improvement processes, develop and follow-up on clear list of bad actors.
- Drive improvement processes for bad actor analysis, audit-findings, etc. in order to elaborate and implement organizational and technical improvements with the aim to optimize economical results and maintain or improve reliability and integrity.
- Accountable for the long, medium and short term planning of maintenance activities, in order to preserve, further develop and efficiently optimize the performance and reliability of the assets.
- Influence the planning as well as the selection of (new) technologies and materials taking into account economical, quality, safety and reliability aspects; ensure efficient standardization.
- Accountable for the maintenance budget planning and support all other departments in this process with respect to planned and proposed maintenance activities, to guarantee compliance with cost-targets.
- Accountable for the management, cost awareness, control and monitoring of cost developments for maintenance activities.
- Accountable for the correct and efficient development and implementation of maintenance and investment projects within his team, incl. estimates and schedules.
- Accountable for development and maintaining of the refinery maintenance practices relevant to his area.
- Key player in the development and review of refinery standards.
- Implementation and development of an effective maintenance organization, maintaining reliability and integrity in times of cost pressure.
- Development and implementation of relevant maintenance key performance factors (KPI) at the working level.
We are looking for an ambitious engineer to support our inspection department who:
- holds a Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- At least 10 years’ experience as an engineer in a refinery environment, experience in Maintenance and Project-Management and leading high skilled teams
- Fluent skills in English and German and well developed IT skills are required
- Is self-reliant, flexible and have the ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Good communication skills across various departments
- Ability to manage a high workload and to set the right priorities also under time pressure.
- Notable experience and knowledge of technical guidelines and codes such as DIN, EN, EMUA, PED, AD 2000, API, ASME, ANSI.
Contact and application
Please send your application to André zum Hingste, HR Manager at email@example.com.
Working at Nynas means working according to our three core values: Dedication, Cooperation and Proactivity:
Dedication involves doing one’s best in every situation and taking responsibility for customers, colleagues and society in general.
Cooperation means working together for mutual trust and support, which creates a corporate culture that encourage cross-border and cross-functional meetings, job rotation and training.
Proactivity includes thinking ahead, being open to new ideas and continuously seeking new solutions and opportunities so that Nynas can continue to be at the forefront of development.
Welcome to join us!