Nynas Engineering Department is looking for a Remediation Process Shift Supervisor, based in Nynäshamn.
The Engineering Department in Manufacturing is responsible for the specification and delivery of capital projects for Nynas, encompassing stand-alone projects, a portfolio of smaller plant additions and modifications, environmental projects, investigations and early phase study work. The team also provides engineering support to the refineries and businesses throughout the Nynas group.
The refineries are located in Nynäshamn, Gothenburg and Hamburg, with numerous production sites and storage facilities worldwide.
The remediation process plant project is a state of the art remediation system that is to be operated on the Nynashamn site to process existing hydrocarbon contaminated material into waste suitable for disposal. The operation phase of the project is expected to take some ten years to complete.
The Remediation Process Supervisor is a leadership role, with responsibility for management of day to day operations and maintenance, of a newly commissioned novel remediation system, consisting of excavation, feedstock preparation, processing, and final disposal, according to specified operational programs and quality specifications in a safe, environmentally friendly and cost effective manner.
The position directs the operations and maintenance teams and supporting contractor organisations to achieve the required Safety, Production and Quality targets. This role calls for strong leadership skills and an extensive expertise in technical aspects of process plant operation. The work includes monitoring, control and optimization of the remediation system and coordination responsibility of operations and maintenance work under normal conditions as well as during an emergency.
The safety specific roles include to act as an emergency coordinator, Permit to Work issuer, incident reporting and investigation and accountability for deviation reports considering, environment, personal and plant safety
Your qualifications and core competencies:
- At least five years’ experience in a process industry, (chemical, pharmaceutical, hydrocarbon, biological) with a supporting process technical background.
- University degree with technical or industrial expertise is required.
- Experience of environmental remediation is an advantage, as is experience of batch processing.
- Ability to clearly communicate across disciplines and effectively direct work in a matrix organisation.
- Proven leadership or supervisory skills.
We offer an interesting position, where you have the chance to be in at the start of the operation of a Novel remediation project, a one of a kind in the world, with the potential to be the first of many. Here you will be able to develop your skills, and work with dedicated colleagues on this and potentially other challenging projects. You will be provided the opportunity to grow, and be supported within an established and successful company, with a clear growth strategy and a commitment to the remediation of our legacy sites.
Contact and application
For questions about the job, please contact: Immanuel Ross at Spencer-Ogden +44 207 268 9264
To apply for this position please send your application and your cv to Nynas@Spencer-Ogden.com
Working at Nynas means working according to our three core values: Dedication, Cooperation and Proactivity:
- Dedication involves doing one’s best in every situation and taking responsibility for customers, colleagues and society in general.
- Cooperation means working together for mutual trust and support, which creates a corporate culture that encourage cross-border and cross-functional meetings, job rotation and training.
- Proactivity includes thinking ahead, being open to new ideas and continuously seeking new solutions and opportunities so that Nynas can continue to be at the forefront of development.
Welcome to join us!