"The overall business environment was good in 2017 with sales revenues and margins for naphthenic specialty oils well above the level seen in the previous year. Our bitumen sales also had a strong development in key markets," commented Gert Wendroth, President and CEO of Nynas AB.
Fourth Quarter Summary
- Total product sales volumes increased by 5 per cent compared to the fourth quarter 2016.
- Net sales increased to SEK 3,501 million (3,184), as a consequence of higher oil prices and higher sales volumes compared to the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Operating result before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 396 million (44), excluding extraordinary non-recurring items of SEK -220 million (-9).
- Inventory volume decreased but value increased due to 24 per cent higher oil price levels.
Full Year Summary
- Total product sales volumes increased by 7 per cent compared to the previous year.
- Net sales increased to SEK 14,990 million (12,525), as a consequence of higher oil prices and higher sales volumes.
- Operating result before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 1,218 million (1,009), excluding extraordinary non-recurring items of SEK -266 million (-147).
- Net income was positive with SEK 10 million (75).
- Investment initiated in a bitumen PMB plant and additional tank capacity in Drammen, Norway.
- Nynas successfully issued additional senior unsecured bonds of SEK 450 million within its existing bond loan, now utilising the total frame amount of SEK 1,1 billion.
For further information, please contact:
Hans Östlin, Communications Director Nynas AB
Tel.: +46 (0)708 93 19 75
Nynas Quarterly Report Q4 2017