Nynas Engineering Department is looking for a Discipline Lead Automation System based in Nynäshamn.
The Engineering Department in Manufacturing is responsible for the specification and delivery of capital projects for Nynas, encompassing stand-alone projects, a portfolio of smaller plant additions and modifications, environmental projects, investigations and early phase study work. The team also provides engineering support to the refineries and businesses throughout the Nynas group.
The refineries are located in Nynashamn, Gothenburg and Hamburg, with numerous storage facilities worldwide.
The Engineering organisation is divided into three groups; Process Engineering, focused on pre-studies and concept engineering, Plant Engineering responsible for discipline engineering input and Project Engineering: a dedicated team of project specialists managing the portfolio of Nynas projects, supported by the Antura portfolio management tool. Project Managers are involved in early project phases, accepting responsibility for delivery from the FEED phase to completion and handover into operation.
As a Discipline Lead Automation System you will have the overall responsibility for the Automation Discipline at the refineriy in Nynashamn and support to the refineries in Gothenburg and Hamburg. This includes:
- Overall responsibility for maintenance, configuration, projects and development of the process control system and related applications.
- Overall responsibility for the technical solutions within the Automation Discipline in all Investment projects managed by Engineering.
- You will report to the Head of Plant Engineering as well as to Project Managers and Steering Committee for projects.
The Discipline Lead Automation System is responsible for:
- Maintenance, configuration and development of the process control system (Provox, DeltaV) for Nynashamn and support for Gothenburg and Hamburg.
- Maintenance, configuration and development of contiguous systems to the process control system (PI, RSS, IMAC, AMS) for Nynashamn and Gothenburg.
- Leading or participating in training and investigations of the process control system for other Nynas sites.
- To verify and quality assure a high availability and reliability of the process control systems.
- Competence and resource planning in the Automation system discipline.
- Nynas Technical Standard within Automation discipline
To succeed in this position we are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and core competencies:
- Minimum 10-15 years of working experience from Automation Lead within process industry/refining/petrochemical industry or similar.
- Master of Science in Engineering or equal.
- Experienced user in DeltaV.
- Ability to manage change and uncertainty, anticipating problems through good risk management.
- Skilled at managing a diverse group of stakeholders within and external to your projects.
- Experience of managing project execution within tight schedules imposed by plant turnarounds.
- You are expected to be able to be a strong communicator, fluent in spoken and written English, it is advantageous to possess a proficiency in Swedish and/or German.
We offer an interesting position, where you have the chance to develop your skills, and work with dedicated colleagues. You will provide the opportunity to grow, and be supported within an established and successful company, with a clear growth strategy.
Contact and application
For questions about the job, please contact Peter Eriksson, Engineering manager, email@example.com, +46 70 31 88 072
Send your application as soons as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held on-going.
Working at Nynas means working according to our three core values: Dedication, Cooperation and Proactivity:
- Dedication involves doing one’s best in every situation and taking responsibility for customers, colleagues and society in general.
- Cooperation means working together for mutual trust and support, which creates a corporate culture that encourage cross-border and cross-functional meetings, job rotation and training.
- Proactivity includes thinking ahead, being open to new ideas and continuously seeking new solutions and opportunities so that Nynas can continue to be at the forefront of development.
Welcome to join us!