Nynas is an oil company with a difference, we focus on manufacturing products which deliver lasting value. We promote this as ‘taking oil further’.
At Nynas we have chosen to focus our sustainable development activities in four key areas where we want to:
- Create a safe and healthy working environment for everyone
- Develop and deliver products that contribute to sustainable development
- Increase energy efficiency and reduce our climate impact
- Offer an attractive workplace and be a responsible business-partner and good neighbor
In this work we primarily support four of the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
At Nynas we are committed to:
- Understand and respect the needs of our stakeholders and comply with all relevant legislation.
- Enhance shareholder value by promoting transparency and encouraging open dialogue and engagement with all stakeholders including authorities, neighbors, employees and the community at large.
- Assess the impact and set sustainable development targets for the Nynas group and relevant parts of our business.
- Use Key Performance Indicators to direct focus and ensure continuous improvement.
Nynas corporate policies address the environmental, economic, and social aspects of sustainable development. These policies*, include:
- Code of Conduct
- Competition Compliance
- Global anti-bribery & anti-corruption
- Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSE&Q)
- People and Human Rights
The Nynas Executive Committee decides on all strategic matters regarding sustainable development. A sustainable development network, consisting of representatives from major businesses and functions within Nynas, promotes the sustainability ambitions throughout the company in order to advise the Nynas Executive Committee on matters regarding sustainable development.
At Nynas we empower and expect our people to adopt practices that promote a positive and progressive attitude to sustainable development.